Monday 18 June 2012

Between Iraq and a hard place

Adventure time again!  This time, I'm heading to a place where:

"It doesn’t matter whether you are George Bush, Pele or Chuck Norris – you are not safe..."

Source: Pakistan Defence (Web's authoritative Source on Pakistan's Security & Strategic Affairs - their words, not mine)

Considering the source, I'm not sure if I should take their word for it, but hey, it's a good opener, and I'm not one to shy away from a bit of hyperbole.

This is a long-planned trip back to see the hoardes of people claiming to be related to me.  Growing up in a place where family consisted of the six of us and a couple of second cousins (twice removed), it's a little bit daunting to be going to see these people, people I've only ever seen in photographs, people who all seem to look a little like me.  It'll also be strange to look around and not be in the minority, am truly looking forward to not having the largest nose in the room.

So, Iraq here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment